Saturday, September 09, 2006

So, where do you start getting traffic to your Website?

Okay, basically, there are some pretty simple things you can do. First of course, is getting links to your site. So, for example, if my blog was ranked or getting traffic, I'd put a link to the Website - http://www.activistguide.com

Or, vice versa - put a link to the blog from the Website. Unluckily, neither of them are known.

So, what I started doing instead is posting on some sites that are ranked. For example, I have a blog (okay, tonight was my first post) on "My Space". I added a link from there to here and to the Website.

Why "My Space"? If you remember from a post I did a while back, social bookmarking sites - myspace, U Tube and the like, are the places where people go to hang out, talk about their lives, their loves and (on U Tube right now) Lonelygirl 15...

So...if you've got an event, get somebody to tape it - and post the "movie" on U Tube. Create your own blog on My Space. Start getting the word out about your program, and your organization.

No comments: