Saturday, September 09, 2006

How To Get Your Blog or Website Listed on the Search Engines

Okay folks. In my book, "The Activist's Guide to Changing the World - for VISTA Volunteers" there's a chapter on "Harnessing the Power of the Internet". I give you some basic information about using blogs, RSS feeds and "white hat" SEO tools, to help you publicize your Websites, gain exposure for your programs and get the word out about what you're doing.

I've had some great teachers. And I've learned a lot. (I hope.) Why? Because it's time to put my money where my mouth is.

I'm in what is called the "prelaunch" stage of promoting the Website, and my book. Neither the blog or the Website are ranked yet, and they're not bringing any traffic.

So, I'm going to use the tactics I teach you in the book (and in some cases the book bonuses, written by experts in their fields), to see if I can get listed in the search engines and also, get the information out to the people I'm trying to reach - namely YOU.

And, I'm going to tell you what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. And together, we'll see if it works!

So if you want to get publicity for your program, your projects or your organization - stay tuned!

No comments: