Monday, October 22, 2007

Online Fundraising: Are You Connected?

Think about this question for a minute - right now you're reading the blog of someone who's writing it while sitting on her balcony in the sunshine in the French Riviera.

And you're working for cause on a project that's maybe far away from where you grew up.

You can instantly get in touch with friends and family by pushing a few buttons on a phone that isn't connected in a wall.

And you can talk to people all over the world using a computer.

So when I ask you if you're connected, the obvious answer is yes...

But are you taking advantage of being connected?

And when I say that, I don't mean in a bad way - as in trying to "get" something or "take something" from somone.

But this marvelous, magical connection that we all have - gives us the opportunity to communicate - to have conversations with- so many different, amazing people - just like this one that I'm having with you.

(By the way, just so you know - I'm very happy - and really honored - to be having this conversation with you.)

The reason I'm asking you if you're connected is that I'm working on a special report - which will go along with an upcoming teleseminar about how to raise funds using the Internet.

The figures for online fundraising are actually a bit astonishing - there are a huge number of people who make donations online - after seeing an organization's Website, or reading about them in an article or on a blog. And if you're not taking advantage of this - if nothing else, using the Internet as one of your advertising and marketing sites (after all, you can do a lot absolutely free), then you're not only leaving money on the table, but you're missing a wonderful opportunity for reaching your donors and supporters and building a stronger relationship with them.

In the report I'm putting together actual case studies, giving you screen shots and step-by-step instructions for how to do it to get the biggest bang for your buck.

Oh, which reminds me - if you've got any questions about online fundraising, make a post to the blog and I'll make sure to find answers before the teleseminar. Oh, and don't forget about next month's teleseminar - it's going to be fantastic - with radio talk show host Wayne Kelly! As soon as I can get Wayne pinned down on a date and time, I'll give you more info! (But if you've ever wanted to learn how to guarantee that your press releases will get noticed, if you've wondered about how to get free publicity or what to do to get interviews with the media - Wayne's the guy that can show you!) Plus, even though he's famous (and about to get a lot more so), he's one of the nicest, most down-to-earth guys I know, and I'm honored that he's also a friend.

No comments: