Monday, August 28, 2006

Want more publicity for your organization? Let me help!

Well, I feel like I've been away forever - and actually we were on vacation for most of 8 weeks, which was really great! (Of course, I had withdrawals from my computer - and only managed to find an internet cafe twice - but I guess it just goes to show you can get used to anything!)

Seriously, the vacation was great - we were in the high French Alps, visited Mont. Blanc (the highest mountain in Europe - and an incredible and imposing sight - even for a girl from the Rockie mountains), went to Switzerland and visited Italy by way of the very long tunnel that goes under Mont Blanc.

But, it's great to be back! I've rolled up my sleeves an have finally gotten the Website going. The nameservers haven't propegated yet, but you can find it tomorrow or the next day here:
http://www.activistguide.com

Also, now that I've got the Website up, I'm ready to start getting your press releases and information about what's going on. In fact, I'm hoping to be able to use the site to help you get extra publicity for your program!

Here's how: I've set up a media room on the Website, and I've listed the issues that I believe are the most critical to the work you're doing. Now I'm looking for "experts" on those issues.
(Um - that would be you!) Here's what it involves...you fill out a form, telling me a little bit about you, your organization and the issue(s) you're working on. You give me contact information and a little bit of background information and also answer some basic questions about how you're interested in working with the press...for example, personal stories from your members, photographs, the results of any studies, surveys, etc. that you're doing. Then, as I get requests from the media that matches your profile, I'll give them your contact information, and you'll take it from there.

Also, I want your press releases, information about what you're doing and anything that might be of interest - to other VISTAs or to the media. I'll be posting them on the Website and on the blog - to help you get free publicity, and to let people know about the wonderful job you're doing.

If you're interested and can't find the Website, just drop me an email or post a comment and I'll get back to you asap!

No comments: